Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Peacock Has Flown Home

Well here it is!!! I am so excited to get this block home. This was a very rewarding RR. This first picture is the block I made and sent to Andrea, who sent it to Cathy, who sent it to Susan, and who sent it to Cheryl. Together they did the magic that is the second picture. Just beautiful!

Ok, Let's see if I can explain this correctly. Cathy did the framed peacock in the center and everything below and to the left of it (your left). Susan did the blue peacock, the iris', the wisteria to the left, and the silk ribbon chain of roses to the right. Andrea did the beautiful blue seam treatment above Susan's peacock, the matching blue swirl on the lowest right and the large rose. Then finally, Cheryl did the sparkly peacock on the upper right and sequins to the right. This does not at all begin to explain the work and beauty of the block. The picture does not do it justice. You really cannot see that Andrea put in fresh water pearls and that Cheryl's peacock has intricate detail of sparkly thread and silk framing Cathy's peacock silky is just way more stunning in person and Susan's details and beading work add so much magic. As you can tell, I love all of it!
This is the top corner of the first block that came to me. It belongs to Cheryl and this is what I did before I passed it to Andrea.
This is the lower corner of the second block that came to me. It belongs to Susan and the flower and ferns, the white roses and stuff on the peacock's tail and the feather stitch just right of him are my contributions before I sent it on. And the next picture is of it complete.
This is Cathy's block and it was the third block I received. Already very decorated I added the swish of gold and pink and feathers across the top and the swirls with beads in the lower right corner.
And finally, Andrea's block arrived. I was the last to work on it and this is my contribution. The next picture is of the entire block with everyone's work on it.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

What a fun RR, Wendy! What are you going to do with your finished block?

Tara said...

You girls are amazing!! Such beautiful handiwork. It's art on a quilt!

Jane said...

This is stunning