
This little sweet fairy is my first block. By the time the blanket is done I will have 9 such fairies and each will have a flower thread painted on and other work done by my sisters as I mail the blocks to each of them. I am so excited about this "Round Robin" to get underway. We are starting the first block on September 1st. We have already started talking about the possibilities of this becoming a family tradition. I have complete confidence in my sisters to put their own brand of sweetness and I can't wait to do the same for each of their blocks.So far, my sister Esther has a 9 block landscape, Deborah's has purples (I will post a picture later) Catherine's is going to be a landscape block in the center with a barn, and Angelena's will be black, white, and silver. So exciting. Keep checking for more details.


5 comments:
Looks like Tinkerbell to me, Wendy! What a beautiful flower you made. Do you use a split stitch or long and short stitch when you thread paint? However you do it, the results are terrific!
What a great family tradition!
and I love Tinkerbell!!!
Beautiful, can't wait to see the rest
Beautiful embroidery and a lovely composition.
What a lovely idea to do a RR with your sisters.
CA
Post a Comment