Thursday, November 6, 2008

I will: survive.

Well, how is everyone? I have had quite a time of it lately. For the last couple of years I have been losing my energy gradually. In October I had a few things happen (including getting bad sick) that really messed me up. The doctor and I found that because of my getting up 3-4 times a night that I am not getting enough sleep. Jon feels that maybe I can't get back to sleep because of worrying. The election, family relationships, the kids, the future... all hold me in suspense. I try really hard not to worry and to pray my cares upon Jesus' shoulders. So now I have barely enough energy to make it through the day and one more thing to worry about! haha This morning when I woke up at 5am I couldn't stop thinking of all the things Obama has said and hoping that things turn out well. I have to be honest... I was disappointed when Obama and McCain came out as the winners of the primaries and the more I studied about them the more I worry. I kept trying to figure out who I was NOT voting for. Anyway, enough politics already. The election is over!!! So please pray for sleep for me and strength during the day.
We have a new Veggie Tales video called "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." This is a must see movie!!! In it the gourd is ready to give up. He is lying at the bottom of a rocky hill inside a narrow cave and about to be eaten by maniac cheese curls. He says in despair, "Maybe I can't make it." And then adds, "But maybe I can. And today I am going to find out!" This line has been my inspiration for the last several weeks.
I love you all.
Enjoy the newest pictures.
Wendy
The Hulk and Snow White are ready to go Trick or treating. The Hulk and Snow White are exhausted from Trick or Treating.
Joseph's first Piano recital and my first Halloween Recital.
Joseph earning 2nd Place for his Kata in Karate.
The perfect fall rose.
Joseph and Rebekah find that the Jalapeno plant Melissa gave me has surpized us with a bountiful crop.
I am so proud of this beaded butterfly. It was a challenge in the Crazy Quilting Sister's group that I am in and I put it on Esther's block.
My cute boy.
My cute girl.

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

OCT 9th was your last post :) Missed you!! So fun to catch up with your pics & videos!!

Judy S. said...

Hope you're feeling lots better, Wendy. I was wondering what you were up to....being a mom to two cuties is a very big and exhausting job. I hope you can catch a few naps along the way....

Big Hugs!

Tara said...

The kids' trick or treating costumes are great! Love the Hulk!

Hope you are doing better. It's frustrating to wake up repeatedly at night - I have the same thing when I'm anxious. Praying for you this week as you give all your cares to the Lord!

Hugs,
Tara