Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Work on Susan's Peacock Block

The Start of my work on Susan's block. Here I had done the purple lines and white flowers in the tail and a purple feather stitch just to the right of that. Cheryl did the actual peacock feather to the right of that. And I had done the leaves on the far left. Those leaves are my favorite!
This is after I finished. I added a shiny, light blue to the peacock tail and the seam treatment on the right and I also added beads to the seam treatment. Then I added some unusual looking plants on the foliage and the silk flower and a few silk buds. It is time to mail it to the next person now that I want to keep it. LOL
A close up of the silk ribbon flower. I absolutely love that flower. Goodbye pretty flower.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Wendy,

I can see why you wanted to keep this block; it's really pretty! Lots of fun stitching to study....
Where do you generally get your ribbon for SRE?

BTW, thanks for the links!

Simona said...

I always wanted a peacock block and this is an inspiration to me!
Beautiful SRE flower you did...

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are so sweet to share something you l-o-v-e!!