I like to buy a pack or box of mix flowers seeds to put in with the rest of the flowers in my little flower garden. Due to the bad soil this year and the lack of time to fix it not many have popped up. When I saw this one I was so proud of it for enduring my bad soil, lack of water at times, and almost no maintenance. Besides my sweet princess, Rebekah, thinks its a daisy (as all flowers that look remotely like this are lol).This post is not to talk about flowers though. And I don't mean to complain. However, we are getting our well pulled for the second time this month ($350 just to pull it without adding the cost of repairs). It needs a new motor. We don't have any water right now. My beautiful sister is having her wedding on Friday and rehearsal is tomorrow. Joseph is her ring bearer. The pillow isn't finished, neither is her garter belt that I was making. Rebekah's birthday is on the 28th and her party is right around the corner. To make a long story short, a lot of things aren't going well. BUT a lot of things are!!! My husband, children and I are all healthy! We have our Savior, each other, family, friends, and a ton of happiness (oh ya, and a credit card to cover the well LOL). So the soil where we grow may be rough and the sun may beat tons of troubles on us at times, but we are happy and are going to live to the fullest in this moment that we have.
So for all of you who are overwhelmed in your circumstances right now... this poem is dedicated to you:
Don't Quit
Don't quit when the tide is lowest,
For it's just about to turn;
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'til dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.
- Jill Wolf-
Don't quit when the tide is lowest,
For it's just about to turn;
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'til dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.
- Jill Wolf-


3 comments:
Nice poem, Wendy. And I think Rebekah may be correct...sure looks like a type of daisy to me! Glad you are able to sort out the important things from the irritating ones. Good luck with your projects!
Anything to do with wells = expensive. (been there, too) I love the joy you have despite trials, Wendy. You are a good example to me!
Hugs,
Tara
Thanks; this coming at a time when I am up (1 am) trying to finish some videos for TOMORROW. Uggh. Procrastination rears its ugly head.
Post a Comment