
Well I have been working diligently on Andrea's Peacock block but I think I want to show Melissa before I get a photo just to be on the safe side. I wanted to take a picture of my backyard because I promised someone that I would. Besides the trees on the left (someone's yard) this is our desert looking out my backyard. Beautiful? Some don't think so but really wonderful when you live in it. Great hiking and amazing rocks everywhere. Sand? Yes, lots but not to bad when you are used to it.

And besides, look at this view I got on my way home one day. You can't beat that. Yup, I love the desert.
5 comments:
WOW!!!! it IS amazing:=) It is really dry/sandy here compared to IOWA. I saw my first tumbleweeds & Cacti and thought for sure I'd stepped into another world! But now I love it!
Hi Wendy, I bloghopped over here from Melissa's at HoneyBeesBliss. I was hoping to get a peek at what you did with the pond on that garden rr block, but instead I got to see your fun backyard....perfect for 4 wheeling! And you're right, there's nothing like a sunset in the desert, it has it's own beauty.
I am in awe that you can grow such beautiful flowers & roses in the desert - now I'm even more impressed by your rose collections!
I love the wide open-ness of your backyard view! There's something so beautiful about the open sky & being able to see for miles around! Love it!
I agree, the desert has its own splendor just like our area which is almost exactly opposite does. Isn't it amazing that one country should have so many different landscapes? There's nothing quite like sunset over the desert and also nothing quite like sunset over the ocean...and so much fun to try to capture each in a photo!
Wendy, your oasis in the desert is always beautiful, and I also loved the desert when I lived in Mexico, the way the sun could change the colors of the soil and rock from warm reds to cool blues, the sky, the cracks in the earth... ah, each place on God's planet is a marvel.
Post a Comment