
Ok this day was just awesome. We don't get a lot of rain in the desert but on Sunday it was just beautiful. We played in it and then afterward we went for a hike. And just as we were getting to the top of the first hill we saw that my sister (who was babysitting my nieces) and my 3 nieces were also going for a walk. So together (all 8 of us) we hiked for quite a long time. I took 137 photos and videos and these are the few that I finally decided to post.

Before leaving home we needed a photo of Joseph's excitement over the rainbow.

Of course my hubby and our dog Cool must come along to protect us.

Rebekah and Robyn finding rocks along the way.

Awww! My kids love each other under the rainbow.

From left to right: Joseph, Robyn, Marlaina, Angelena, and Katelynn. All venturing up the hill.

Wild cactus in the desert.

This large tanker was tipped at the top of a pretty high hill and very far from public. Hmmm was someone dumping in the desert? Wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, it was a fun target to reach, now let's go home.

Pretty much, "Take a picture." Was said at just about every "cool" rock we found.

This is an interesting picture because the lack of plants and rocks gives you a slight clue. Yes, they were blasting our hills for rocks for roads and this sand hill is a result. Although, the kids loved it and Rebekah kept asking if we were going to visit the "beach" before going home.
3 comments:
Wow, great desert pics. I keep thinking that **I** AM in the desert. I guess not. even close. though we do have SOME catci!! And I can use the word "cacti" and we have tumbleweed. so I am kinda in the desert, eh? or not.
Anyways, loved the rainbow & loved the picture of YOU! Greta to see that Moms still exist...
Beautiful rainbow, beautiful picture of you!
I've never been to the desert - I need to put that on my "places to go someday" list!
Nice photos, Wendy! It looks like you all had a fun day. I especially liked the rainbow pictures.
Post a Comment