I have been thinking lately and after our pastors sermon on Sunday about circumstances and reading one of my favorite blogs (Prairie Prologue) I realized that no matter what I do, I cannot be a good mother, wife, sister, friend, daughter, or even Christian. I am not meant to be any of those things. What God wants for me in this life is to allow Him to touch others through me. If I was even remotely "good" at any of those things then why do I always make mistakes? Why do I lose my temper, say things I don't mean, not say things I mean, etc? I just hope that somehow in the time that anyone knows me they will be drawn to God. He is the only good in all of us.
Monday, March 17, 2008
My Only Good
I have been thinking lately and after our pastors sermon on Sunday about circumstances and reading one of my favorite blogs (Prairie Prologue) I realized that no matter what I do, I cannot be a good mother, wife, sister, friend, daughter, or even Christian. I am not meant to be any of those things. What God wants for me in this life is to allow Him to touch others through me. If I was even remotely "good" at any of those things then why do I always make mistakes? Why do I lose my temper, say things I don't mean, not say things I mean, etc? I just hope that somehow in the time that anyone knows me they will be drawn to God. He is the only good in all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I read this a couple of days ago - & never commented - but I wanted to. I wanted to encourage you to continue to share when God places something on your heart. I appreciate your transparency!! And PRAISE GOD that HE IS THE GOOD in us - otherwise we'd be what we are - sinners with nothing good at all to contribute. Hugs!!
Amen! Great truths! Anything good in us is only because of God's amazing grace & glory in our lives. To God be the glory in everything good that comes from our lives! I'm blessed by your blog!
>>I just hope that somehow in the time that anyone knows me they will be drawn to God. He is the only good in all of us.<<
I LOVE this. Amen and amen and amen.
Post a Comment