Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Stress is Over

In November I noticed a half dollar sized lump on my left breast as I was getting dressed. I called to my husband and we both had one of those looks. I have to admit that besides all the fears that come along with a lump- losing my hair was in there. (I know- so silly.) But most of all, I realized that this is all I have to give my family- not much. I already knew that life is fleeting, but I realized that really even my best efforts could fall short of what I dream of for them.
I had an appointment with my doctor- who saw the lump instantly (not a good sign lol). From there I had a Mammogram and an ultrasound which both before Christmas came back without having found anything. This news was very comforting and I was able to enjoy the holidays and even tell a few people about what had happened. My doctor wanted to have a surgeon look at it for a final opinion and I did that in January. Dr. Makala Reddy was very professional and he advised that we remove the lump because- even though he didn't think it cancerous- he didn't know what it was. So, Wednesday, March 12th I had my first surgery ever.
I am thankful that God has never let me down and He would not start now and I was ready to trust Him for anything, my husband and very dear friend Melissa were at my side full of love and keeping me lighthearted, and no matter what, my kids will be fine. To say the least, the surgery went fantastic (if you can describe a surgery like that lol). I was wheeled into the operating room and I heard them talking and then I blinked and it was instantly about 2 hours later and I felt a little pukish in another room. It was really that easy. My lump has been sent to a lab and I should know the results my follow up appointment on March 28th, however, the doctor told us he is positive that it was benign.
I thank you all who prayed for me during this and if you did not know about it then I thank you for the prayers you would have said. I love you all and I thank God that He never lets us down and no matter what this cursed world throws at us He has us in His hand and He has a plan. I also thank Him for the things I have learned through this. May God bless you all with a load of His love,
Wendy

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Wendy,

Glad to hear your surgery went well and that the lump is most likely benign. Scares like this make you appreciate each and every day, don't they? As a two-time survivor, I am always happy to hear of a happy ending like yours!
Blessings!

Kathy Raker said...

Wendy, Praise the Lord all went well! Sure helps to ease your mind when the Dr. feels it is benign. I too am a breast cancer survivor, soon to be 5 years in April.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Wow. Happy to hear that everything is ok and your surgery went well. Praise God!

I think we were both going thru this experience at the same time! Two days before Thanksgiving I found 3 lumps. (1 on one side, 2 on the other) The mamm & ultrasound came back ok, so I forgot about it and celebrated the holidays. In Jan. my doctor asked that I follow-up with a surgeon, who said he was 99% sure they were just cysts & benign, but to watch their growth. God's in control! No growth & I am feeling blessed!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.